Welcome to the Parent Information Page for Lincoln Elementary
On this page you will find information for parents at Lincoln
Please check the welcome letter at the bottom of this page.
Welcome to the 2014-2015 School Year!
Hello Lincoln Elementary Families,
We are excited to welcome everyone to the up and coming school year here at Lincoln Elementary. The staff has been preparing so that this year is a great one, and we are looking forward to meeting all of our families. Included in this letter is all the information that you will need to know so that we can have a great start and a successful 2014-2015 school year.
Lincoln Office Staff/Counselor
Principal: Nicole Bolton
Secretary: Jan Lancaster
Counselor: Ramona Walls
- Our goal is to have open and transparent communication with our families. You can call the school between the hours of 7:30-4:00 Monday through Friday if you need to talk to the principal or office staff. The school number is 352-3210. You may call during school hours for the teachers as well, we will take a message if they are with students, but they will return your call as soon as they are able to. Please look for the other ways you can communicate with the school staff in their beginning of the year information letters.
- When you get to the district’s main home page you can click on the schools link at the top and choose Lincoln Elementary, it will take you to our school website. We will keep the website up to date with current events, documents, and you will also be able to find staff and contact information there as well.
- Please call the school each morning when your child will be absent to verify them.
- Please watch for a monthly newsletter from the school along with reminder notes of any events that will be occurring. There will also be a minimum of one newsletter a month from your child’s teacher.
School Hours and Procedures
- School hours for first through third grade are: 8:40 am – 3:33 pm, and the school hours for kindergarten are: 9:30am – 3:33 pm. First through fourth graders may come onto school grounds at 8:20 am, but no earlier, and kindergarteners can come on school grounds at 9:15 am, but no earlier. We take supervision of our students very serious and at 8:20 and 9:15 proper supervision will be out on the playgrounds.
- First through fourth grade breakfast will begin at 8:20 am and kindergarten breakfast will begin at 9:15 am. Students will enter through the front doors for breakfast.
- Please refer to our website for lunch and lunch schedule information.
- Please see the attached maps of our drop off and pick up procedures, along with our bus parking. It is extremely important that the pick up and drop off procedures are followed for the safety of all our students. When dropping off or picking up a student, everybody must cross at designated cross walks no matter where the cars are parked. We have crossing guards and supervision to assist with the safety of our students at these designated areas. When dropping off a student or picking them up, you may pull up to the sidewalk directly in front of the building, but you may not park across the street as it is permit parking only. You will be subject to a ticket for parking in a permit parking area only. If you are unable to park in front of the building you must use a designated crosswalk and walk your child to the car. We will never allow a child to cross the street anywhere else. You may park in the designated parking spaces where the bus pick up and drop off is, but if the busses are there be aware that cars will not be allowed to enter or exit until the busses are dismissed.
- Please ensure that all of your child’s records and contact information is up to date. When a student is checked out, only contacts on the PowerSchool list will be able to check them out, unless a note is provided. Please expect a phone call from our office staff if a note is provided, for proper verification. Please inform anybody who is coming to visit or pick up a child to be prepared to show a photo id. There will be no exceptions.
- If a child is going to ride a bus and this is not there scheduled form of transportation, or they are planning on riding a different bus, a note is required and a phone call will follow from our office for verification. Students will not be allowed on a bus until the office has verified all of this information. Please ensure these arrangements are done as soon as possible during the day.
- Attached is our school dress code policy. This is strictly enforced.
The Lincoln Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) meets after school. Please refer to our school calendar for meeting days and times.
Volunteers and Visiting
- We want all parents and family to feel welcome into our school. We have an open-door policy and welcome family involvement. Please let the teachers or the office know if you are interested in volunteering at the school during the day.
- All visitors to our school will need to sign in at the office.
- Check back often for and updated list of Lincoln events!